Brown Rice & Roasted Vegetable Salad


Recently I attended the regional Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators (SCBWI) conference. When registering for the conference, I was able to pick out vegan equally my selection for lunch. Yippy! I appreciate that the conference organizers ever yell upward of the growing break of vegetarians together with vegans inward our community of children's writers. Usually the entirely selection available for me is vegetarian, which agency in that place is cheese I take away earlier eating.

The vegan tiffin I received was a mixture of dark-brown rice together with diverse roasted veggies amongst a yummy low-cal dressing. Delicious! I kept thinking, I must endeavour to duplicate this together with transcend it on to you—my faithful readers. And together with hence hither it is...

The salad I had at the conference contained light-green beans, zucchini, yellowish mash together with bell peppers. I added asparagus together with carrots to my salad (shown inward the pictures). You tin add together (and subtract) whatever veggies you lot want. Make it sing amongst what you lot love.

You volition non ask all the dressing you lot brand for this, merely it's perfect to purpose on other salads you lot brand later.

Brown Rice & Roasted Vegetable Salad

from Chris Pedersen

yield half dozen servings
category Salad
cuisine Healthy Vegan

ingredients
ii C veggies (bell peppers, asparagus, light-green beans, zucchini, carrots, etc.), chopped
i Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
tabular array salt & pepper to taste
ii C cooked dark-brown rice
Dressing:
1/4 C apple tree cider vinegar
1/4 extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
i tsp raw dear or cranberry concentrate (Trader Joe's)

directions
1. Pre-heat oven (I purpose a toaster oven) to 400°.
2. Combine the dressing ingredients inward a small-scale drinking glass bottle amongst a cap; milk tremble to mix.
3. Add chopped veggies to zip-loc handbag amongst olive fossil oil together with seasoning. Zip shut together with massage handbag to coat veggies. Spread veggies inward unmarried layer on baking canvas together with roast until lightly browned (about xx minutes).
4. Cool veggies inward refrigerator.
5. Once veggies are cool, combine amongst rice. Shake dressing together with pour on rice/veggie mixture. Stir together with serve.

I took this salad to a potluck wine-tasting consequence at some friends. It disappeared! Everybody loves healthy.

What did you lot accept to your concluding potluck event?

Sumber http://www.healthyjourneycafe.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post